SNAP (formerly food stamps)


Learn More about the benefit change.

SNAP is the  Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly Food Stamps,  where  participants receive a debit card with a specific monthly amount that can be used to buy food in most grocery stores.

Want to learn more? Find out if you are eligible and how much you might receive, by filling out a short questionnaire on this website: Or, access the online application here:

Apply for Food Stamps in 3 Steps



Give us your Contact Info

a Food Bank Representative will follow up with you by phone or email.


The Application



Submit your Application

You have three ways to submit your completed application:

  • Online Application
  • Fax it to 520-882-3327
  • Mail it to the address below
  • Drop it off to the address below

Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona

3003 S. Country Club Rd.

Tucson, AZ 85713


Need help? Call 520-882-3314. Assistance is available in English and in Spanish.
**(Los servicios se ofrecen en Inglés y Español. Llame para hacer una cita o para obtener información general al 882-3314 o fuera del área de Tucson al 1-800-950-8681.)**

When you call, we can answer questions or set up an appointment to fill out an application. We will explain to you what documents you may need to bring from the list below. Please reserve at least one hour for the appointment so that we can help you submit a complete application.

Documents you may need when applying include:

  • photo ID
  • proof of US citizenship or immigration status
  • social security cards
  • income statements
  • childcare expenses
  • utility expenses
  • bank account statements
  • rent/mortgage for most recent months
  • terminated income if applicable
  • unemployment statements
  • a statement verifying your address written by a non-relative
  • proof of pregnancy
  • receipts for medical bills

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.