How to Host A Food Drive
Please follow these easy steps to achieving success with your food drive!
1. Let us know what you are doing
We ask that you contact us when planning for your food drive so that we can help to make it as easy and convenient as possible.
Please call Lou Medran at
520-622-0525 ext 280 to set up a food drive or
send email to email@example.com
2. Arrange transportation
When your boxes are full or your food drive has ended, please feel free to drop the boxes off at the Community Food Bank warehouse between 9 AM and 3 PM on Monday through Friday at the North Entrance of the warehouse*. If the warehouse is not convenient, we can provide you with a list of year ‘round drop off sites for your convenience.
*Make sure you call first to let them know you are coming.
If you find you will need us to pick up your food, please call or email us at least a week in advance so that we may schedule your pick up. When you submit your request please tell us the following information:
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Address of pick up site
- Any special directions to help the driver locate the food
- How much food is there to be picked up? It must be boxed for us to pick it up, so please tell us how many boxes are ready.
- Hours of business during which we can pick up the food.
One of the easiest and most successful ways to run a food drive is to have us set up a Virtual Food Drive for you. If this is something you would like to learn more about click here
For each $1 donated through a virtual food drive we can distribute almost $9 of food.
4. Collateral Materials
- Food Drive Poster small
- Food Drive Poster large
- Editable Sponsored Food Drive Poster
- Priority Food Items Poster
- Facts about the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- E-Mail request sample text
- Click here for a list of creative ideas to make your food drive a hit!
5. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you