SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly known as Food Stamps), where  participants receive a debit card with a specific monthly amount that can be used to buy food in most grocery stores.

Find out if you are eligible and how much you might receive by filling out a short questionnaire at You may access the online SNAP application at

Apply for SNAP in three easy steps:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Give your Contact Information

Submit your contact information online, or call 520-882-3314. Assistance is available in both English and Spanish.

A Food Bank representative will follow up with you by phone or email.

Complete the Application
Download the application or fill it out online.


Submit the Application

You have several ways to submit your application:

  1. Use the online application
  2. Fax it (520-882-3327)
  3. Mail it to the address below
  4. Drop it off at the address below. 

Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
3003 S. Country Club Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85713

Need help? Call 520-882-3314. Assistance is available in English and in Spanish.
**(Los servicios se ofrecen en Inglés y Español. Llame para hacer una cita o para obtener información general al 882-3314 o fuera del área de Tucson al 1-800-950-8681.)**

When you call, we can answer questions or set up an appointment to fill out an application. We will explain to you what documents you may need to bring from the list below. Please reserve at least one hour for the appointment so that we can help you submit a complete application.

Documents you may need when applying include:

  • photo ID
  • proof of US citizenship or immigration status
  • social security cards
  • income statements
  • childcare expenses
  • utility expenses
  • bank account statements
  • rent/mortgage for most recent months
  • terminated income if applicable
  • unemployment statements
  • a statement verifying your address written by a non-relative
  • proof of pregnancy
  • receipts for medical bills

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.